Quick craft update & poor photographs

My daughter is turning 2 in just a few days and I have been sewing away as often as possible for a few weeks now. I finished these up five or so days ago but decided to take some quick pictures before wrapping them up. Some I made the patterns for myself, some  printed from Google images, and some I winged it on. I will do a video on the subject soon (after Marley opens them) and provide sources for the patterns I printed both here and in the description.

The pattern for the strawberries I did myself. I looked at many photos for inspiration but pretty much followed the process shown here. I found the photo collage of the process on Google images when searching “felt strawberries”.

The pattern for the pancakes I printed this image. The page can be found here. I opened this template in paint, cut out the ones I didn’t want to do, and printed the ones I did all on one page. I try to save paper and ink as much as possible!

For the bread I looked at a a bunch of templates but ended up taking the bread part of this one and adding it to the breakfast one. The page for this sandwich post can be found here. Looking at her post it looks like she did her stitching outside (I did mine inside and flipped it) so our end products look a little different.

The banana pattern I drew my own template for. This was my first felt food item I made. I had looked at a bunch of different ways to do them on my tablet. I was tired and too lazy to go to the computer and find/print a template so I just drew up my own on the back of a botched Christmas card. You just make a rounded diamond shape, cut 3 white and 3 yellow. I wanted to add a small dark brown circle to the bottom but I never made it to the store to get the felt. I sewed two of the peel parts down and left one up. The hardest part was shoving the banana into the peel. There are many more realistic ones I saw online but I was going for simple.

For the ice cream cone (which was my favorite) I used this template. I did not cut any Velcro, and ended up cutting the circle for the scoop much larger. First I embroidered the detail on the cone, then sewed the top to it and stuffed it. Then I threaded around the outside of the scoop circle, pulled it tight, stuffed it, then sewed it to the scoop bottom (it’s referred to as edge in the pattern and I’m unsure how she did it but I only cut one and didn’t cut out the inner circle). My sewing is never neat or tidy, I probably nearly broke my needle threading it in and out of the ball and the bottom piece over and over. I tied it to secure, then did the same thing (messily sewing round and round) stitching the ice cream to the cone. When I was satisfied with the way it looked I tied it off.

The template for the eggs came from the same place as the pancakes. [See above] However, this one would be the easiest to free-hand!

Lastly, the sandwich toppings. The cheese, lettuce, peanut butter, and jelly all came from this template here. I had to cut two pieces for the peanut butter and sew them together because the only felt I could find in the right color had leopard print on the back of it.

So there you have it! They look so much better in real life! When I record and post the video of all of them I will post the link here. I love hand-sewing and these food items were so much fun to make! I would be sewing more if I weren’t so busy. Happy crafting!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s