I do love a plain cup of matcha, but sometimes I want a latte like from Starbucks. I’ve been experimenting and I’ve finally got it perfecto! It tastes just like a Starbucks Green Tea Latte from down the road. I wanted to share so I can give others the recipe easily. Here is what you will need:
- Sauce pan, kettle, or something else to heat water in
- About 1.5 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 2/3 cup Milk (can be dairy free if you prefer)
- 1 Heaping tbsp Coconut Oil
- .5 – 1 tbsp Honey (optional, we use local to help with allergies)
- About 1 and 1/3 cups Water
Bring water to a boil, remove from heat, and set aside. Add milk and other ingredients to the blender. Blend a little. Add hot water. Blend until smooth and frothy on top. If your coconut oil stays solid or separates immediately, blend more. Transfer to a cup and enjoy!